Journey Thailand, previously known as Living Waters Thailand began in 2000 and later on registered as a Christian organization under the Evangelical Fellowship of Thailand with the purpose of helping people who struggle with relational and sexual problem.
Journey Thailand’s main focus is to develop and encourage new groups in every part of Thailand, with the purpose of helping people to get well. We believe that healing best occurs when people receive support from one another in their life long healing journey.
From the experience of working with those who struggle with sexual and relationship issues for more than ten years, we also see another crucial aspect, the need for the church to be aware of being a community for their wounded members. So we host a Leadership Training Conference to equip men and women who want to establish a Journey program in their church community. The conference is open to those in pastoral ministry, professional counseling and lay leadership as well.
The ministry has changed the content of its program curriculum in order to be more relevant for churches in our current world situation.
At present, Journey Thailand is a part of the Journey Global network which has operated in many countries in Asia, New Zealand, North & South America, South Africa and Europe, with the vision of helping men and women to find hope and freedom, and to live life according to God’s intention.
- The Bible is the Word of God, the ultimate authority written by God’s inspiration.
- There is only one true God who created the universe and everything in it. He reveals himself as the triune God; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is God, was born from a virgin woman by the power of the Holy Spirit. He is God and man and without sin. He died on the cross to take away the sins of men on earth. He was buried and raised from the dead. He went to heavens and now sits at the right hand of God, the Father. He will return to reign with His people.
- There is only one way that man can be saved, through repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as his Savior.
- We believe that faith alone in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord frees us from the mastery of sin, and its consequences of death and eternal damnation. He assumed the penalty of death Himself, and enables us to live out of His resurrected life unto eternity.
- The Holy Spirit is God who lives in every believer in order to help them live new lives.
- We believe the Holy Spirit carries out this work of renewal in our lives, empowering us to grow in loving union with our Heavenly Father and to walk in obedience to His will.
- The church is the body of Christ, the place where God indwells through the Holy Spirit. Every true believer and every local church are united as one body which is the community of God.
As a Christ centered ministry, we follow the biblical foundation of helping people with compassion, integrity and dependence on the Holy Spirit. In all we do, we share Jesus—the One who is full of grace and truth (John 1:14).
The following are some of the founding principles of Journey Thailand ministry.
Healing is a journey and a process
By relying on the Holy Spirit to renew people, we try to provide a basis for a lifetime process of healing in our gender, sexuality and relationships. This process includes Christian discipleship, which needs to take place in the body of Christ. Thus each Journey group is part of the local church.
Men and women are image bearers
We also believe that healing best occurs when men and women minister together, releasing the presence of God to one another that corresponds with our deepest needs for love.
Jesus is at the heart of healing
At the center of Journey is the cross of Jesus Christ discovered in His community—the means through which we have access to the Father’s love. The cross is the place where we lay down our sins and wounds, and receive the Holy Spirit of resurrection. At the cross, Journey seeks to explore the dark and complex habits of the heart in order to impart the truthful, healing love of Jesus there.
Endorsements from board members
This is an essential program for all Christians. Those who don’t think they have problems will come to know what their problems are. And those who know they have problems will understand that there is hope for them to receive God’s healing. At present, this is the only program offered within the context of Christian community in Thailand, offering help as a long term discipleship program. The program also focuses on people’s hidden sins. You can be assured that this is a safe place for you to open up and for God to help you.
It is very difficult for us to come out of our habitual sins. The main reason is our wounding. Journey Program will help us to know and accept healing for our wounds (which we are not aware of). The program will help us to know and accept them so that we have freedom from our sins. Some of us do not understand why we need to receive healing for wounding. I think our wounding and brokenness are behind our sins. And you are so ashamed of it and try to cover it up.
It is the program where I found God’s grace. The love of God used to be something not tangible, only written in the Bible. But attending the program helped me to see the mercy and kindness, a place where I can find the grace and love of God in a tangible way. Whatever circumstances we come from we won’t be judged. This helped my life to change from the inside-out
We, as human beings, do not see ourselves clearly because we are so used to the way we are. We may feel we have something we don’t like, don’t understand, are frustrated with or feel ashamed about, but we do not know what to do about it. We believe in Jesus and believe what the Bible says, “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come”. But the new creation is a process, and it seems like God won’t do the work of creating the new until He gets us to see the old things within ourselves and we give Him permission to change us. The Journey Discipleship Program is like a mirror to help you see something old that has been hidden so long within yourself. It will also guide you and walk with you in your journey.
This program helps me to find my true self, emotionally and mentally. The Holy Spirit touches me with His grace and love and gives me hope through hearing life changing testimonies from brothers and sisters in Christ
Through attending a program of Journey Thailand, God had done so much miracles in my life. I was touched by the love from the Father and received healing for my deep wounds. This has changed my perspective in seeing myself and others. I become more of who I am and know how to love myself. I think this ministry is for everyone, regardless genders or age. It is for those whose hearts are broken. God can really help you. He has prepare the best for you!